“Amaze” and “Satisfy everyone“: these are the two mottos of the Primrose cake of Taste Piacenza.
What will surprise you is the combination of flavours we have come up with: to the sweetness of the white chocolate mousse, well compensated by the pleasant bitterness of the cocoa biscuit, we have combined a hint of exoticity. It’s the pineapple gelée, made with Cascina Pizzavacca’s delicious pineapple nectar, that gives this tropical, fresh and light taste to the cake.
Moreover, thanks to the innovative use of corn flour from Gallettificio Valtidone and chickpea flour from Az. Agr. Erbucchio, the Primrose cake satisfies everyone, because it is gluten free.
An easy, fresh and original recipe that combines deliciousness and genuineness, to end a dinner with friends, a birthday party or an anniversary in style.
Ingredients for the gluten-free crispy biscuit:
50 g chickpea flour (Az. Agr. Erbucchio)
50 g corn flour (Gallettificio Valtidone)
72 g butter at room temperature
24 g cocoa
60 g sugar
1 g baking powder
1. Mix all the ingredients together and crumble the mixture, either by hand or with a large-mesh sieve, into a stainless steel cake ring with a diameter of 20 cm and a height of 4 cm;
2. Slightly compact the mixture with your hands, without crushing it too much;
3. Bake the mixture at 160° for 18/20 minutes;
4. Remove the cake ring and leave to cool.
Ingredients for the white chocolate mousse:
410 g 35 or 38% fat liquid cream
220 g pure white chocolate (in chips or pieces from a chocolate bar)
1. Bring 110 g cream to the boil, pour it over the white chocolate chips, stir continuously to completely melt the chocolate and let the mixture cool down to about 30°;
2. Semi-whip the remaining 300 g cream (it should remain semi-whipped and tend to fall if you lift the whisk)
3. Pour the semi-whipped cream over the cream and chocolate mixture and mix gently until fully combined.
Ingredients for the pineapple gelée:
200 g pineapple juice (Cascina Pizzavacca)
20 g sugar
4 g isinglass (about 1 sheet)
1. Place the isinglass sheet in cold water for 5 minutes;
2. Mix pineapple juice and sugar and heat up to approx. 50°;
3. Squeeze the isinglass, add it to the hot mixture and mix until completely dissolved;
4. Allow to cool to a temperature of about 25/30°;
1. Line the inside wall of the stainless steel cake ring with a strip of semi-rigid acetate 5 cm high;
2. Place the gluten-free crumble on the base of the ring; if the acetate strip curls up, trim the biscuit slightly;
3. Pour the white chocolate mousse over the biscuit and level the surface with a spatula;
4. Place in the freezer for about 2 hours;
5. Take out of the freezer and pour the pineapple gelée on top;
6. Place back in the freezer overnight;
7. The next day take it out of the freezer, remove ring and acetate strip, decorate with fruit as you like and consume after thawing (approx. 90 minutes if at room temperature, 3 hours if in the fridge)
Taste Piacenza’s Primrose cake is ready to be served on the table! Enjoy!
Be the first to comment “Primrose Cake”
You must be logged in to post a comment.