Quick to prepare: you can also make it in a few minutes in the morning, before going to the office.
Complete: it contains all the macronutrients a meal should consist of.
Light and fresh, perfect for summer!
Easy to carry: you can even take it with you to the beach.
We are talking about Pokè: the ideal dish for summer lunches. Pokè was born in Hawaii, as a quick snack of raw fish, eaten on boats by fishermen.
Today we would like to propose to you a very tasty local version: Pokè from Piacenza. Our proposal combines the idea of lightness of the dish with the exquisiteness of our producers’ genuine ingredients.
The hulled buckwheat from Gallettificio Valtidone gives the recipe an innovative touch.
Salamino Alfiere del Suino d’Oro from Salumificio La Rocca brings traditionality and craftsmanship to mind.
Grilled vegetables from Riverfrut surround the dish with wholesomeness and freshness.
The rocket and Grana Padano flakes sauce from 3G Salsanatura makes everything creamy and amalgamated.
Frescolat’s Mozzarisella, made with rice milk, gives the dish a unique lightness. If you prefer, instead, a cow’s milk cheese, you can use Caciottina from Az. Agr. Graffignana. Rosemary focaccia croutons from La Pizza +1 complete the dish with a hint of crunchiness
ingredients for the base
- 80 g buckwheat (Grano saraceno decorticato – Gallettificio Valtidone)
- 160 g water
- salt to taste
ingredients for seasoning:
- 200 g salami (Salamino Alfiere del Suino d’Oro – Salumificio La Rocca)
- 250 g grilled vegetables (Tris di verdure grigliate – Riverfrut)
- rocket and Grana Padano sauce to taste (Salsa maionese, rucola e Grana Padano – 3G Salsanatura)
- 60 g mozzarella (Mozzarisella al latte di riso – Frescolat) or 60 g Caciottina from Az. Agr. Graffignana
- 20 g croutons (Crostini di focaccia al rosmarino – La Pizza +1)
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Rinse the buckwheat in a narrow-meshed colander under the tap with cold water, as long as the latter becomes clear;
- Put the buckwheat grains in a saucepan, add water (note the quantity: as stated in the ingredients list, the water must be double the volume of the buckwheat) and possibly a pinch of salt;
- Cook/boil for about 20/30 minutes; the cooking time may vary depending on the product, but, in any case, you should cook it until the water is completely absorbed;
- Meanwhile, prepare the seasonings:
– take the salami and cut it into cubes of the desired size
– take the grilled vegetables out of the package and cut them into smaller pieces if needed
– cut the mozzarella (or the Caciottina) into medium-sized cubes
- Once the buckwheat is ready, place it on the base of a single-serve bowl;
- Then add the salami, grilled vegetables and mozzarella chunks (or Caciottina chunks) on the top layer, creating islands of colour in the dish;
- Season everything with rocket and Grana Padano flakes sauce and extra virgin olive oil to taste;
- To finish, give your dish a hint of crunchiness by adding rosemary focaccia croutons on top.
Your Pokè is now ready to be served at the table!